I Bought Hatching Eggs but Owner Seemed Clueless. What are these?

BeeSpice

In the Brooder
May 13, 2023
I bought eggs from someone at a barn swap, and I happen to meet. They sold me Polish hatching eggs, Olive eggers and These which she was unsure if they were Ameraucana or Americana. I thought that they were just going to be Easter Eggers because of the multiple colors and the parents but all the eggs were the same color and size and every baby that’s coming out is super chunky and almost identical to the last I want to know if they are Ameraucana before I sell the chicks! Pictures of the parents included.

Attachments

• 5B233D2F-3A42-4ACC-B0C5-3A75D951F1FD.jpeg
    5B233D2F-3A42-4ACC-B0C5-3A75D951F1FD.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 39
  • FC0BB281-231F-49A3-9BA9-EC6895DA65FF.jpeg
    FC0BB281-231F-49A3-9BA9-EC6895DA65FF.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 18
The ones in the foreground look like easter eggers (a mix of it's own). The ones in the back look like they are production red mixes.

I keep being shocked that farmers will sell fertile eggs and have no idea what the chickens that they came from are. It apparently happens often, but I am surprised that folks can't keep track whatsoever.

Definitely not pure Ameraucanas. They look like barnyard mixes. Also Americana is just an Easter Egger. Ameraucana is the true breed. But these are not that.
Yes, that’s what I thought when I purchased the eggs. I have pure Ameraucana too and these chicks are soo egg-aggerated with their beard and myff, I just wanted to make sure. I have an EE flock separate from my pure breeds, so I might keep one or two in my color-layer flock.

Yes, that’s what I thought when I purchased the eggs. I have pure Ameraucana too and these chicks are soo egg-aggerated with their beard and myff, I just wanted to make sure. I have an EE flock separate from my pure breeds, so I might keep one or two in my color-layer flock.
That would be cool! I love EEs.

Back
Top Bottom