Who sends out Christmas cards?

ChickiKat

Songster
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
Eastern Kansas
We still send cards every year. Since moving out of the city I love to take them to my local post office and the stamps are hand cancelled. It seems to old timey!!!

We do!!
big_smile.png

We do.

My other passion (besides chickens) is making greeting cards using rubber stamps. So every year I make 60+ handcrafted Christmas cards plus a long family newsletter which includes a picture of my 4 kids and send them out. It takes me hours and hours to make the cards, sign the cards, write the newsletter and get a non-goofy picture of the kids in front of our tree.

I know a lot of people hate newsletters, but I wish more people would write one. There's a lot of old aquaintances and distant family that I never talk to other than exchanging Christmas cards and I'd love to know what's going on in their lives. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on ours. I try to tell funny stories about the kids and I always mention the chicken's antics.

I send them to people that are a distance from me that I don't talk to everyday or haven't seen recently. Everyone else gets a "Merry Christmas" phone call and or present.

I posted mine this morning. Not very many cards get sent, however. Just to close friends and to family.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) * * * Nesting with 5 Australorp and 5 Lt. Brahma hens plus 'The Count of Monte Cristo' - or Monte, for short - one beautiful, well-behaved, hard-working, Australorp rooster, in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

Back
Top Bottom