WHO THIS ON MY LAKE??? A SECOND SNOW GOOSE SHOWED UP!! (MORE pics)

WOW!
I'm flattered someone remembered the hooded merganser!
Dos is still here and he's had a female with him off and on. There has also been a second male and female that have made brief appearances but I haven't seen them in a few days. Just Dos and the boys and now SNOWBALL!!!
big_smile.png

Oh we have lots of fish!
Large mouth bass, yellow cats, channel cats, common bream, Georgia giant bream and grass carp!

The carp are about 4-5 feet long! They are sterile so there's only about 4 or 5 of them just to help keep the vegetation under control.
Sometimes I can see the carp just below the water line and their fins will stick up out of the water. I say "IT'S THE LOCK NESS MONSTER!"
lau.gif

The lake is about 5 acres so lots of room for ducks, geese and mergansers!

Last edited:
Quote:
Ooh Channel Cats! We stocked Albino Channel Cat Fingerlings into our aquaponics system today
big_smile.png

Did you need a permit to get sterile Grass Carp? Are they from the Government? Prett cool...

Quote:
Ooh Channel Cats! We stocked Albino Channel Cat Fingerlings into our aquaponics system today
big_smile.png

Did you need a permit to get sterile Grass Carp? Are they from the Government? Prett cool...

Our neighbor actually stocked the lake long before I moved in so I don't know where he got them. I assume the DNR. They will come out and stock a lake here in Georgia for a fee.

This morning a SECOND snow goose showed up!
(and a few random Canada geese, but we see them all the time)

I'm so excited I can't stand my own self!!

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

Not the best pictures, but they were on the other side of the lake so I couldn't get too close.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom