• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bigspringshatchery

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Roanoke Alabama
Im having bad hatch rates with shipped eggs so ive decided to buy some chicks from breeders local. Im thinking of Channing Grisham who lives in Alabama, Tom Culpepper who lives in Grantsville Ga who has birds from Wade, a lady that lives in Mississippi that is the VP of Marans of America club, i think she if from MArans of Missssippi farm. or from a board member.

Last edited:
Bishopschickens.com I got 25 chicks from them last june. He is a GREAT guy. has emailed me back and forth with LOTS of my dumb questions and sent me 25 of the most healthy LARGE chicks I have ever gotten in the mail. NONE died in the first couple weeks, another first for me and shipped chicks, and the offspring that I have hatched this year are just as big and healthy as the parent stock I got last year and everyone I have sold to this year has been really impressed. Where are you?
He only has like 5 or 6 variety of poultry and does a good job.

There are many great ppl to get eggies from... A gal on here from NY has some super dark egg... The trick to hatching them is to listen to the person you are getting from.... Tommy Culpepper has GREAT birds!!! I hope you find what you are lookng for... I am really careful to look at the parent stock.. I want a wide bird with no black eyes... If they are pet friendly and crawl in your lap it is less likely they are crossed with penedesenca...that is a real hazard right now... Tommy shouldn't have that problem.. Good luck... Donna Gherke or Brenda littlepeddler also have been good lines for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom