Who uses their chicken compost?

Okay I believe I may have a prob and need advise....I do deep clean every 3 months in which it contains, dirt chips, a lil hay .......when I do a clean every 3 months it goes into our cement compost that used to be used for horse trough....Now, I do not cover it, and Im like the rest of you it looks great and was started bout a year ago....I have a huge garden, and plants are established, and coming up.....Do I put the compost in the water drainage, or on top of it at the bottom of plants....

Here is the prob...I bought new chicks 3 months ago, I had them in the bathroom, and between my son in law going back to work, the new coop wasnt ready til the chicks were like 2 1/2 months old, and yes they were like knocking on the door....had them in the bathtub, for which I spend some time every week, trying to get it cleaned. however I went into start cleaning the bathtub which has poop, a lil hay but mostly chips.....we have been using the upstairs bathroom.....I noticed it had flees in there. It took 8 trashbags to fill and empty the tub to be cleaned, after of course vinegar, baking soda, and RAID.....next step wll be raid bomb, and Whatever it takes to get this bathroom back to normal.....if that is possible, here is my delima....I got the bags outside the back door, and yes im moving them, but can I actually use this for compost or should I trash it, because of the fleas I found in it, and whatever else it has...or is it normal to find fleas in regular compost? this is only my first year of using chicken compost, and when I planted my strawberries, the guy at the veggie store, said, not to use that compost on the strawberries cause the fruit will be ultimately laying on this compost...now im thinking I shouldnt use chicken compost that I had, on my veggies, so can some one let me know what to do, Im not into wasteing, anything however I dont want to become sick either. :) Thanks Peesp....Blessings to you all

Back
Top Bottom