Whole flock dead!

secuono

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Virginia
I just found out that something killed and ate over 50 of my birds...There's a hole under one fence going out, 1 decapitated rooster, 1 dead rooster, 50+ just bloody missing!
I'm beyond angry. Going from 80 chickens free ranging to 12 still alive and now sealed shut in the coop until I can deal with this is just omg!
9 ducks, free. Might be giving away the rest of my chickens shortly...

Last edited:
That is so terrible.
hugs.gif
Hope you find a way to keep them out, and your chickens safe.
fl.gif

So sorry for your loss, I hope that you can find some of the missing. I would think 50 missing seems a lot for a predator to take at once.

Chain link around, top is metal 2x3in wire. No idea how they got in or even got them out other than squeezing through a gap somewhere...
I couldn't find any. Guess I can look again tomorrow after work...I don't need this stress right now..

Look around under bushes...It is likely that some escaped and are hiding... I agree with the Coyote thing... No bodies... they are hiding... Keep looking and listen in the morning for the rooster.

So sorry!
hugs.gif
I do agree with the others and I would take a closer look and see if they aren't hiding. It would take a huge pack of coyotes to take that many birds and I haven't seen coyotes run in packs that big before. I sure hope you find them all well and safe other than a huge scare!!

Back
Top Bottom