Whole foods?

Okay! I just didn't know if it was maybe a little irritable bowel or something cause I sometimes get that or if it was just that my body just has to get used to eating real food and not junk food and actually going to the bathroom LOL

Or maybe too much spinach. Been eating A LOT lol

I had spinach and kale last night and let's see, I think I had it the other day too. I think I made a 3 egg omelet with spinach/kale (i have a bag of it) in it before my concert Sunday. And last night I had spinach/kale sautéed in olive oil and minced garlic, only made a tiny bit at first and made more cause it was delicious lol. This morning I had some of that same thing for a fast breakfast cause i was almost late for class.

Today I had Subway, turkey on 9 grain honey oat, American cheese, mayo, salt, pepper, and this time I got tomatoes and spinach.

Started after lunch.

Although thinking about it.... I kind of answered my own question.... I thought that it was odd that I was having such a reaction from just the spinach for breakfast and the spinach on my sub but I forgot that I had also been eating it for a few days prior so now it makes more sense....

I have simply been eating A LOT of spinach/kale/greens.

Now for dinner (i made it late lol), I finished off the spinach/kale, so more than before, the same sautéed thing and a sweet potato.

Maybe cut back on the spinach?

Oh and it is not that time of month lol

Also sorry for the TMI but maybe me going so much is good? Cleansing my system in a way? Lol had no idea there was so much but I've also been sick so maybe havent gone as much

Oh and I've walked a lot the past few days, could that stimulate it too?

I'd cut back on it a little or mix it up with other vegetables as some vegetables can cause gassiness. Variety is always a good thing! If you prefer greens over other types of veggies there's chard, pea shoots, bok choy, cabbage, collards... Maybe it's just me but I've had a lot fewer digestion issues now that I'm mostly eating actual food instead of indeterminate mystery food. Really the only times I seem to get an upset stomach are on the weekends, which are the only days I eat out.

It's also possible that any changes are throwing off what your body is used to, so it might get better as your body starts adjusting to the new diet and exercise. If it really starts bothering you maybe consult with your doctor to make sure there's nothing else going on.

Thanks, I'll try all that. It's not really that I prefer greens, I wanna eat a variety, I just heard they were good lol haven't had most of those kinds though so I'll mix up even the greens. And yeah, I hope I get there. I think it's mostly just because I haven't really been consistently eating well, I've gone back to eating like **** except when I have class I go to Subway. The other day I had McDonald's before we got on the T to come home. But then we got home hours later after shopping and craved a milkshake and went again lol

And hmmm, yeah, I hope it gets better. I'm sure that's probably it. And I mean, I don't get it very often so I never asked a doctor but might be useful. Just last week or week before I had horrible gas pain, worst I'd had like ever, and was up like 2, 3 hours. Finally took a bath and also miralax and apple sauce lol but then i had a panic attack cause as soon as i would get in the tub i would feel like i had to go but then of course i didnt cause i was barely in it. But I finally calmed down stayed in long enough for it to work aha

But yeah, I tend to get gas pain/constipation sometimes, i guess kinda a lot compared to most people but not that often, cause sometimes I don't go every day.

At least with the healthy food it can actually pass rather than not, blocking the path and causing lots of pain.

I think once I get on a system/routine and eat healthy regularly then my body will hopefully get used to it. But are there any healthy fruits or vegetables that might kind of balance it out?

I would just mix things up, try new vegetables or fruit and see if you can find some new favorites. Spinach is definitely easy to prepare but so is broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, corn, etc. I know broccoli in particular makes some people gassy and of course beans are well known for that, but sometimes you can only figure out what's causing problems if you notice that it consistently happens after eating a specific thing. But I'm guessing right now, it's just your body trying to adjust to something new, when it had been used to a certain type of diet for a while.

Another benefit of eating more fruit, veggies and whole grains is that it'll put more fiber in your system so you should actually get a little more regular over time.
smile.png

I know you watch Netflix...
watch these:
Super Size Me
Food Choices
FOOD MATTERS
Food, Inc.

All very very good informative shows.

I would just mix things up, try new vegetables or fruit and see if you can find some new favorites.  Spinach is definitely easy to prepare but so is broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, corn, etc.   I know broccoli in particular makes some people gassy and of course beans are well known for that, but sometimes you can only figure out what's causing problems if you notice that it consistently happens after eating a specific thing.  But I'm guessing right now, it's just your body trying to adjust to something new, when it had been used to a certain type of diet for a while.

Another benefit of eating more fruit, veggies and whole grains is that it'll put more fiber in your system so you should actually get a little more regular over time. :)

Thanks, I'll try all those! I've had all except cauliflower i think and i dont like corn much usually but yeah.

I'm hoping you're right about my body just adjusting.

And wow really? That's great :)

I know you watch Netflix...
watch these:
Super Size Me   
Food Choices
FOOD MATTERS
Food, Inc.

All very very good informative shows.

I saw Super Size Me a while ago but could watch it again. Some of the others I've been meaning to watch and some i havent heard of so i will look into it
Thanks

I saw Super Size Me a while ago but could watch it again. Some of the others I've been meaning to watch and some i havent heard of so i will look into it
Thanks

Did you see how after eating that food for 30 straight days how much damage it had done to his body
Crazy huh...and he was super healthy before he started that 30 plan.

You really should watch food matters first..
it talks about how people think they can eat a ton of something that is really good for you and it will make up for eating a little bad stuff...it totally does not work that way.

Very interesting shows and eye openers.
I think they should be required to show most of them to school age children. lol but I know that will never happen.
One of the shows even mentions just how bad reese's candy is for you and why..I thought it was a "good" candy because it had chocolate and peanut butter...
I will eat one every now and then but I do not buy them like I use to.

Did you see how after eating that food for 30 straight days how much damage it had done to his body
Crazy huh...and he was super healthy before he started that 30 plan.

You really should watch food matters first..
it talks about how people think they can eat a ton of something that is really good for you and it will make up for eating a little bad stuff...it totally does not work that way.

Very interesting shows and eye openers.
I think they should be required to show most of them to school age children.  lol but I know that will never happen.
One of the shows even mentions just how bad reese's candy is for you and why..I thought it was a "good" candy because it had chocolate and peanut butter...
I will eat one every now and then but I do not buy them like I use to.

Yeah, it was crazy. He had to stop because he almost died. But that was only McDonald's kind of the worst of the worst and back then they still had a lot of the bad ingredients, now they are a little bit better. But it is still probably very bad for you and not just McDonald's, all fast food and processed food.

And wow, I'll definitely watch it!

I have some others on my list too. I will watch them all and let you know if they're any good lol although Netflix suggests most of them anyway when you click the others so maybe you could check some of the others out too :)

Back
Top Bottom