Who's Hatching Ducks? Hatch With Us!! *Page 3*

Quote:
I almost bought anconas - but got a great deal on the blue swedish, so I couldn't pass those up.

My goose eggs aren't due til saturday or sunday - no rocking yet that I have noticed.

I so hope the goose eggs hatch well, cause I have to get rid of the adult geese I have. Long story, but they've got to go --- the one gander attacked my broody hen in her own coop with her babies - he stalked the poor girl, tore out feathers, thankfully I got there before the screaming stopped. I hadn't planned on those geese anyway - bought them for someone else who decided he didn't want them after all
roll.png

I want geese, I just need to start with goslings so they get used to the chickens being around, I think.

meri

I have trouble navigating the basement steps because I been having some knee problems. So, my husband put the hatcher in the basement so that I cannot get tempted to help them. Now, that was mean of him! Guess my knees will be hurting a bit more, so I cannot stand and make dinner, from walking up and down those steps all day and night long.

Quote:
Now that's cruel and unusual punishment! He didn't think a padlock on the inbubator would work?
gig.gif

I just got my first pip only chicken eggs! My scovies still have a week to go. I'm loving all the pics!
fl.gif

Last edited:
I thought I'd come by and wave...
frow.gif

I didn't hatch him but I made TSC give me a day old baby duck last night because he was wounded, they'd dumped him aside in a little box with no light all alone. I told her firmly that I would take him before he died from cold.

Silly little thing is yellow gray with a topknot, he's in my shirt and I'm working on his head wound, looks like somebody tried to bite his topknot off. I put him into the brooder to eat and all but the sizzles think he's a monster of some sort and won't cuddle him, so I take him out for repeated cuddles. Damp funny little thing. Now he's momma's strange QUARK. I did find him a duck family to go live with once he heals, we don't even have a pond. Amazondoc has offered him a spot at her place.

So Hi duck hatchers, any idea what he is?

Quote:
LOL...I am TOTALLY getting a cabinet incubator for next year! Combine that with my two hovabators and what do you get?

Can you say over run with eggs!
lau.gif
gig.gif

You're not alone - I have 4 too!!! I have two LG, one Hovabator and I broke down a few months ago and bought a Sportsman cabinet bator. We're all obsessed and that's why we're here!
hugs.gif

I have my e g g s on these small elastic hair ties in the incubator. This gave them a little pedestal and kept them from rolling around in the bator. Now thats it close to hatch time and I stop turning tomorrow, should I take them off these things? Do they need to be able to rock the e g g s? Thanks!

Hi all,
Do any of you have a duck hen setting or is everyone incubating their ducks?

I have a few questions if I could... I am sharing a pic of one of my nests that my beautiful Jennifer is setting on. She is a mix between blue sweed and cayuga.

Is this nest too big?
Is it normal for her to be tossing certain eggs out of the nest?
Is it normal for her to be very highly protective?

This is my first time ever... having a duck setting. Could anyone please answer these questions for me?

IMG00033.jpg

Back
Top Bottom