Why are my Cornish Rocks becoming so aggressive???

_Wildwood_

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 15, 2014
I kept back 9 of my Cornish Rocks for egg laying, they just hit 6mos a week or so ago and finally started laying. Now all of a sudden they're becoming really aggressive, pecking each other, me and chasing me or anyone who walks outside. Finally decided to build a chicken tractor to keep them in, because I couldn't deal with it anymore (It got to the point where no one wanted to go outside anymore!). They get plenty of food, and have an 8ft x 8ft chicken tractor. I have no idea what happened, but one day it was just like someone flipped a switch and turned my sweet girls into these nasty chickens I have now.
sad.png

That's pretty small for 9 full sized birds. Too little space and/or too little protein are the usual causes of pecking.

It's just over 7 sq. ft. per bird. I thought the general rule was 4 sq. ft. per bird?

I didn't think people raised them for that long. Don't they get too big? Are you using them for eggs?

reading comprehension is a good thing-I see now that you did keep them back for eggs. I've never heard of anyone using those kind of chickens for eggs. They seem like their legs get funky when they get too big.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom