Why did she lay a very small egg today?

As far as I know there hasn't been any fights. The next day she laid a regular size egg. All seems good now. Thanks for all the info, I been reading and learning since we got then a couple of mints ago.

I got exactly the same thing like two days ago, my daughter thinks it's super cute. I'm going to hollow it and keep it for her, after filling it with wax.

As script said, something messed up her cycle. Very common in young birds.

A few weeks ago, one of my pullets who had only been laying a few days laid an egg that weighed only 13 grams, shell and all. A tablespoon of water weighs 15 grams. When I cracked the egg open there was egg white, but no yolk. The next egg she laid was normal for her(small)

That happened to mine her eggs are getting bigger are they safe to eat i think I know the cause of my small eggs on Monday an egg got stuck in her bum so i think that's the cause and she is trying to get back to her old routine am i correct

I got one of those tiny eggs from one of my pullets early on. It did have a yolk. Which ever pullet it is that layed this small egg is now my best layer, hardly ever misses a day. She always lays the dark egg. These eggs all came from pullets the same age, all collected the same day.

Back
Top Bottom