Why did she lay a very small egg today?

Is it something to worry about
1f628.png
1f637.png
1f62c.png

I got one of those tiny eggs from one of my pullets early on. It did have a yolk. Which ever pullet it is that layed this small egg is now my best layer, hardly ever misses a day. She always lays the dark egg. These eggs all came from pullets the same age, all collected the same day.

When I showed mine to my husband, he wanted to know what it was.....LOL. If it had been a little more round, it would have looked like a large marble.

It's nothing to worry about. One of my girls surprised me with this one. The egg the day before it was fine, and the day after was fine. I think she just wanted me to giggle a bit.
big_smile.png

When I showed mine to my husband, he wanted to know what it was.....LOL.  If it had been a little more round, it would have looked like a large marble.

That was how mine was. LOL I just happened to see it laying on the floor of the coop. Cute but I don't want any more. lol

Our pullets have done it once, more double yolkers than fart eggs.

One of ours laid three double yolkers in a row, and then a tiny egg. I think it is just young girls systems getting sorted.

Back
Top Bottom