Why do kids think what they say is the law??

It is a complex situation and probably not one best advised by strangers on a chicken forum. But the information I was provided is that your solution has been to ignore her and that you have a hard time with empathy and were considering bribery. It is hard to tell if you are joking or seriously wanting advice here. I was attempting to be sincere and my intent was not to offend.

Compassion and empathy are not the same thing. I never said you were not compassionate.

I am glad you have such an amazing opportunity. Good luck!! I think she will come around.

Last edited:
It is a complex situation and probably not one best advised by strangers on a chicken forum. But the information I was provided is that your solution has been to ignore her and that you have a hard time with empathy and were considering bribery. It is hard to tell if you are joking or seriously wanting advice here. I was attempting to be sincere and my intent was not to offend.

Compassion and empathy are not the same thing. I never said you were not compassionate.

I am glad you have such an amazing opportunity. Good luck!! I think she will come around.
I did want some advice, from parents and from yougsters alike.

Thank you for your advice.I wants going to bribe her. I do admit I mess around on this forum alot, but I do have some good friends on here that we talk about alot of things.

also to me advice from a stranger (3rd party) is a valued resource to me. Thank you.
wink.png

As a father of 3 teenagers with one in college I can share your pain but not your situation. If I were you I would re-sit down your daughter and tell her you understand her points are valid but re-affirm yours to her. All while telling her it will be difficult at first but she will make new friends. Since she is 14 I think we can all agree that at that age the life expectancy of a friendship is not very long. Don't put the money forefront but include that with this better job comes more benefits for the whole family in long run is good for all. At 14 is a tough time for a kid to begin with. The onset of puberty into young adulthood and peer pressure and all the other trappings of being a teen. Moving away to her is like you are leaving the planet. Also explain that you are moving to Raleigh not Paris,France, that you are in the next state over . Promise her to take her back to Rock Hill from time to time so she can maintain the friendship and keep that promise.More so early after the move. I think we all can also agree that in todays modern world of technology, kids are not far from being connected at least digitally at any time. Cell phones, texting, emails and Skype and all the other forms of media. Explain that to her as well. Coming from a time when you called from the house phone to talk to a friend. If you wanted to see them you put on your canvas Converse and put down some rubber on the pavement or climbed aboard your Schwinn. The worst thing is get nostalgic with her, I just wanted to reminisce. When it all does happen with the move she will be angry and resentful to some degree and bears keeping an eye on. It may pass and it may fester. 14 is an impressionable time so be watchful. Good luck.

Last edited:
Gman...don't stress over it too much. You're a good dad that's providing for his family. The fact is..its life..you have to do what you HAVE to do to survive. And she needs to learn this now while she has someone else keeping a roof over her head..
And yes..I will say it..She will get over it. She doesn't have much choice..it is what it is...
Do what you need to do in these hard economic times to keep a roof over your family's head. :hugs

Last edited:
Gman...don't stress over it too much. You're a good dad that's providing for his family. The fact is..its life..you have to do what you HAVE to do to survive. And she needs to learn this now while she has someone else keeping a roof over her head..
And yes..I will say it..She will get over it. She doesn't have much choice..it is what it is...
Do what you need to do in these hard economic times to keep a roof over your family's head.
hugs.gif

Absolute, excellent advice from the redhen. Well done, Wendy. Advise her that she will be able to remain in contact with her friends through the wide range of social media, and suggest that visits from friends can/will be arranged. Many of us (me included) not just kids hate being uprooted. Congratulations on this opportunity.

Absolute, excellent advice from the redhen. Well done, Wendy. Advise her that she will be able to remain in contact with her friends through the wide range of social media, and suggest that visits from friends can/will be arranged. Many of us (me included) not just kids hate being uprooted. Congratulations on this opportunity.
Well its not just her.

Im losing Charlotte, my friend and haircutter at Sportsclips
Im losing Steve and Anne, both friends at The Palmetto Breese cigar shop
im losing our neighbors, which i care for Hazel til he passed away
I have to dig up Scrapper, our pet cat and take him with us.I wont leave him here alone.I got to get a coffin for him.
I have to leave the people I seen every week at Lowes.
I might have to sell all of our chickens and turkeys because its illegal to transport fowl across from South Carolina to North Carolina
I have to take down the pallet coops and rent a trash hauler.

there will be lost of emotion from all of us,not just her.

and by the way, where did she learn to be selfish? I didnt teach her that at all.I taught her to look at the bigger picture,the betterment of family.

She's a kid being a kid. One of my rules as I age is to try to remember how I viewed things as a kid. It makes understanding them somewhat easier.

Back
Top Bottom