why do people share personal things

Wow, if my kid just had surgery, marital "duties" would be the last thing on my mind. If my child is in pain, that's pretty much all I think about.
hu.gif

Last edited:
haha I guess everyone's different. This wouldn't have bothered me. I talk about details with some of my bff's (I wouldn't to a mom I just met)

I think it's great that you were able to help her, and feel really bad for the child
sad.png
It's sad to hear that they don't have enough money for Advil or something
sad.png
And I certianly would not be stopping at anyone house after my child was discharged from hospital, the only stop would be to buy food or meds. But I would likely have that bought ahead of time to ensure we have it... She must've stopped hoping you would help her.. She's lucky to have a friend like you
wink.png

Quote:
One does not say that to someone she barely knows. That is not just "chatting". That is not acceptable, IMO, and I would be avoiding that one like the plague. I often wonder what possesses folks to share stuff like that on a world wide forum as well.
hmm.png

Well, I did think of the latter half of your comment as well, but I still don't think there's anything wrong with saying "Gee, I'm not looking forward to my kid hogging the bed with me and my husband when we'd prefer to be alone." I am assuming it was something along those lines. If she actually got into the details, then of course that's weird, but it just seems like a general remark, and I just don't think that's very terrible. Then again, maybe I'm just used to the locals around me, because they share far worse! Discussions about who's house is getting foreclosed and what they spent their money on instead of mortgage payments, why so-in-so is getting divorced and who she's cheating with, etc. So to me this seems very mild.
idunno.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Glad you were able to help. You never know. YOU may be the difference in that child's life. Thank you for opening your heart to the child and for tolerating her mother.

Quote:
One does not say that to someone she barely knows. That is not just "chatting". That is not acceptable, IMO, and I would be avoiding that one like the plague. I often wonder what possesses folks to share stuff like that on a world wide forum as well.
hmm.png

Too true Cynthia, what ever happened to etiquette?

Quote:
hmm.png

Too true Cynthia, what ever happened to etiquette?

I think Etiquette is largely subjective. what she said would not have bothered me. it may have even made me laugh

Well...it was nice of you to try to help out. I can't handle needy people though (not to be confused with a person in need), they can be emotional (and sometimes material) black holes - can never fill them up.
Plus I'm with Clucky...I find it odd that she's even stressing about missing a few days of "intimate" time with her husband when her child was just discharged from the hospital, even if it was just for her tonsils.

I agree with the op. I don't know what has happened to decorum. I would be very uncomfortable talking with someone I hardly know about such personal things. I also would be more worried about my poor kid being in pain than anything else. She needs to get that child set up on the couch with some kids shows and some ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom