why do people share personal things

they'reHISchickens :

Putting this all together, I am with Miss Prissy. However, who paid for the surgery? IS either employed? They may already be in the *system*. If they are already in the system, it seems like neglectful care of the child after surgery. Perhaps someone in charge in the system should stop by and evaluate home life, food supply, basic necessities?
I vote for Child Services notification.
And really, when a child has surgery or is sick, hubby should be helping nurse. Sounds like it's going far beyond that, though. I think Child Services notifications are anonymous. I know suspicious child abuse reports are.

x2 no antibiotics? no electricity to freeze popsicles or keep icecream? that poor child!​

Good golly, announcing that they're staying for supper? They're taking it to another level. Now they're just using you. Be sure to lock your doors at night/when you aren't home. If this lady needs help she's going about it the wrong way.

Alot going through my mind. Afraid if I say call social service she will know it was me cause she told me all this and i know for a fact they dont have electric because i heard the generator running at their house and she asked me if we had any gas in can they could borrow and pay us back for. I said no and said i do have ice you can put in a cooler.
Our daughters met through the summer skills program at the school. I did think of asking the lady whos running the program to see if she can do a drop in check on the little girl while shes recouperating or if that would over step her boundaries. I want to distance myself from the situation but then i feel guilty for turning a blind eye.
hide.gif

Yikes! You don't need someone like that as a friend. Don't borrow anything out to her, that's including food. Not letting her child rest at home after surgery and refusing pain medications is absurd! It's actually child abuse! I'd stop contact with them completely.

Since your daughters go to the same school, there is most likely a counselor there you can talk to, who in turn, can sit the girl down and see where things are at. They would also have resources and contacts they could use, or help answer any questions you have.

wow mt BFF and I must be wack jobs then...LOL
lau.gif

I know when her "schedule" is and she knows mine... its not like I call her and say.. Oh yeah I just started.. we are a week apart.. so if I dont feel like going somewhere or if I feel like a bag of poo it does not bother either one of us to say... its that time of the month...

I guess cause I am a nurse she will ask me if she has a poop question.. green brown firm ect...

we really only talk about our intimate lives when something happens... like discomfort.. or something strange happened...

I am trying to be vague cause it is family friendly forum..
wink.png

I do NOT talk like this with all my friends... just her.. she is more like my sister then my BFF

I am gonna go ahead and say it. It sounds like these parents may be spending their money elsewhere, and not on the kids or the bills. Any time I have ever come across these types of situations, they are abusing something, whether it's drugs or alcohol.

No electricity, no pain medication for this poor baby, worrying about the husband being neglected (maybe he has a control/anger issue) My husband would be the last on my list when it comes to my child that is sick. My husband knows when the kiddos are sick, they have all the mommy time.

I was 18 when I had my Tonsils and Adenoids removed and it was horrible! My mom babied me for 3 weeks, I was so sick. I would allow the child to bathe and I would make she was fed, but as far as the parents goes, I'm sorry I would not bathe and feed them as well. It is their responsibility to provide. I agree with Debiraymond, I think they may have an abuse substance problem that is taking their money.

Quote:
I had my tonsils out when I was 23 and "moved back in" with my mother for a month and a half while I took mandatory leave from work. As an adult, having your tonsils removed is much more dangerous than as a child because of the adult vascular structure and the possibility of bleeding out. Either way, even if it's a child having them done - it's no fun. The kid not only needs popsicles, but chewing gum to heal. Yes - chewing gum
smile.png

I read through this thread and wouldn't generally comment on something like this. I don't usually read the family section of the forum either - just so much drama. I've got enough of my own
wink.png
...but.... I wanted to respond and give my two cents:

If you don't nip this in the bud - it will snowball and she'll take over your life. Ending it when it's at it's largest point will be more difficult than ending it at it's smallest. Boundaries need to be set and spoken to keep this in check!

Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom