Why I eat meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dig a hole and get a fire going, best burger in the world. If you want a smoker use an old oil drum with some wood in the bottom. I don't grill all of the time, I could live off of deer jerky, cathead biscuits, and green beans for a long time.
droolin.gif

mmmm, deer jerky! Im not big into pale meats, I like mine red!! Deer, beef, lots of beef, did I mention beef? My arteries are probably so clogged I wont make it to 50. Mmmm, country fried steak, lots of gravy and biscuits. I am getting BBQ for lunch today.

I'm not pickey one way or the other just so long as it is delicious.
Here is a vegetarian meal that fits that discription that rivals the best steak sandwiches, the texture is divine:

Get your favorite cast iron skillet warmed up and put in about 3 tbsp of real butter. As soon as it's good and hot, drop a 4 or 5 inch Portabello Mushroom, gill side down (stem removed) and let fry for about 2 or three minutes before turning over. Lower the heat to medium, and pour balsamic vinegar over the top, into the gills and let simmer and reduce. Add some garlic powder, salt & pepper. Lay on a slice of Pepper Jack or Gruyère cheese and let melt. Serve it on a toasted bun with fresh onion, fresh spinach or favorite greens and maybe some Mayo.

It's nice for a change, and variety is the spice of life. Try it, dare ya. If you do, maybe I'll turn you on to my 3 meat-meatloaf to cook on your grill.

Quote:
I've done that, though I prefer provolone cheese, carmelized onions and cajun mayo (make it yourself).

droolin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom