Why is my hen shaking her head

Here's an update on Annie. When the vet first looked in her ears he said they were clean but he went back for a second look. He then saw what looked like ear wax and little white things moving so applied drops to both ears that will kill the live mites and also destroy the eggs. I do not know what he used, it looked like iodine. Now I'm wondering about my other chicks. I'm thinking I should treat them all and remember reading about a wormer that also kills mites. I tried a BYC search but didn't find what I was looking for. I last wormed the flock with Safe Guard last November. Is this too soon to deworm them again? I'll start another string on this too. I am so relieved that it wasn't something serious. Thanks for all your help.

I went to check out my Old English Game Bantam pullet's ear, but there is no way a q tip is going to fit. Does anyone know what I could use instead?

Try twisting toilet tissue to a point. Then try to insert it slow and easy into the ear canal, not deep. Dont wet it, pieces might break off and get lodged creating big problems.

Back
Top Bottom