Why is my Pekin duck "sneezing"?

So could this be environmental and it is just affecting her? If she was sick seems she would be off her feed and not acting normal.

I'm wondering the same thing now about hers, Miss Lydia. Dust, pollen, mold, just any kind of allergen, similar to what sometimes causes me to have sneezing fits but doesn't actually harm me. I react that way even to pepper. I've always thought I might be mildly allergic to pepper because I often have sneezing fits when I put a lot of pepper on my food, but I'm fine after the peppery thing is over. Maybe just an allergen that the rest aren't sensitive to?

Good grief. Edited because I realized I said "are sensitive to" when I meant "aren't sensitive to." It's been a very long week.

Last edited:
I'm wondering the same thing now about hers, Miss Lydia. Dust, pollen, mold, just any kind of allergen, similar to what sometimes causes me to have sneezing fits but doesn't actually harm me. I react that way even to pepper. I've always thought I might be mildly allergic to pepper because I often have sneezing fits when I put a lot of pepper on my food, but I'm fine after the peppery thing is over. Maybe just an allergen that the rest are sensitive to?
I think that could be -

I hope that's the case but I would think it would bother her mostly when inside. She does this after she's been out for hours. She looks terrible right now because of her molt but she's still acting fine. My vet did say it would take up to a week for her to really start showing any noticeable improvements with the doxy.

Just a quick update. She is, date I say, marginally better! She seems to be sneezing less and her quack sounds much more normal the past couple days time will tell, still have a week or abx left.

Antibiotics are done and we still have a sneezing, molting duck with a TON of energy. She's nearly impossible to catch even in the run! I've started giving her and the hens some black oil sunflower seeds for extra protein. I guess she's just going to do what she's going to do and we will go from there. I'm contemplating getting another laying breed duck this spring just in case something happens to her so the other one won't be lonely. They seem pretty strongly bonded. @JadeComputerGal how is yours doing?

Antibiotics are done and we still have a sneezing, molting duck with a TON of energy. She's nearly impossible to catch even in the run! I've started giving her and the hens some black oil sunflower seeds for extra protein. I guess she's just going to do what she's going to do and we will go from there. I'm contemplating getting another laying breed duck this spring just in case something happens to her so the other one won't be lonely. They seem pretty strongly bonded. @JadeComputerGal how is yours doing?
Sounds like a very healthy duck who sneezes lol maybe once all the pollen and leaves are done for the year she'll stop.

Back
Top Bottom