Why is my Pekin duck "sneezing"?

I've already done a course of Tylan, that could be why. She has studied avian medicine for quite some time so I trust her judgement a little ,ore than my farm vets for the duck lol

She did suggest TMZ along with the doxycycline but I have to draw the line somewhere. I'll have the results from her fecal tomorrow.

Last edited:
The office just called with the fecal results and they were negative. Not much help there, but at least I know if she did have anything to begin with, the de-wormer worked lol.

@JadeComputerGal , how is your duck today?

-Kathy
Thanks for asking, Kathy. No real update. No better, not noticeably worse. We have her inside now, so we're at least able to verify that she's drinking, eating and preening, at least here in the house. She still looks dirty and disheveled, enough that I can easily pick her out from the crowd in the yard. She ate all the feed in her little dish between last night and tonight, and she drank almost all her water. We put her outside for a few hours with the others after Scott came home because I hate keeping her by herself in a cage and want her to be able to get out and get some exercise. No change at all in her strange shrill quack, and she's been on meds for 8 days now.

<Sigh>

Back
Top Bottom