Why is she sitting like this?

Jordan D

In the Brooder
Dec 25, 2023
She’s usually the most vocal and very active at the same time every day when she’s getting ready to lay. Today she’s staying away from everyone and has silently been in the same spot puffy like this for the whole morning, sometimes with her eyes open, sometimes closed. Won’t take any snacks. Poop was a little runny but nothing out of the ordinary. Is this concerning?

Attachments

• IMG_9616.jpeg
    IMG_9616.jpeg
    644.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9621.jpeg
    IMG_9621.jpeg
    533.1 KB · Views: 11
She doesn't feel well.
What is her age, diet, crop feel and when has she last laid, if she's laying?
She’s about 6 months. Laying every day/other day for a few weeks. Last egg was yesterday and I’m pretty sure she’s laid 2 double yolks in a row. She’s moved into her nesting box which allowed me to feel her crop. It’s big and kinda firm but not rock hard. Diet is dumor layer feed and starter feed with red chili flakes and manna pro 7 grain scratch

She’s about 6 months. Laying every day/other day for a few weeks. Last egg was yesterday and I’m pretty sure she’s laid 2 double yolks in a row. She’s moved into her nesting box which allowed me to feel her crop. It’s big and kinda firm but not rock hard. Diet is dumor layer feed and starter feed with red chili flakes and manna pro 7 grain scratch
I'd get some calcium citrate tablets for her.
Make sure not to over do the scratch, and cut out the flaked, they won't help her.

I'd get some calcium citrate tablets for her.
Make sure not to over do the scratch, and cut out the flaked, they won't help her.
About a cup of scratch mixed into the feeder between 4 of them because it’s getting colder. Wouldn’t think that’s too much but I’ll cut that back. Where do I get calcium citrate for chickens? Only finding 1000mg for humans

Back
Top Bottom