Why is there more traffic on the duck forum???

Quote:
OMG that is hilarious!
lol.png

Just a suggestion...you should really let them watch Animal Planet too.
pop.gif

Quote:
OMG that is hilarious!
lol.png

Just a suggestion...you should really let them watch Animal Planet too.
pop.gif

Animal Planet is nothing but 'Animal Cops', 'When animals attack', and things of that nature...those poor things would be traumatized!!
gig.gif

No reason to be scared of them. Hand raised geese can be very loving and friendly. Get a pair of girls and then you never have to deal with a charged up gander during breeding season.

Of course, I happen to love my males. They are very chatty and social. My feistiest (sp?) goose is actually my smallest female. She's a little dynamo.

Animal Planet sounds like a no brainer goose entertainer . . . but I can barely watch it
sad.png
with all the animal abuse shows. I'd have to screen out the shows about hawks and hyenas and other monsters.

The gander thinks he'd like to learn Mandarin Chinese via audiobook but he's having too much trouble with English (especially conjugating verbs). Geese can be very demanding. One thing at a time, I tell them.

Quote:
It seems like that would be a hard fear to get over. They are scary when they are on the attack.

The thing is, if you run at them, they'll retreat squealing like little girls. Even if you are very small.

My first flock of geese got "adopted" as parents by my five guinea keets. They "followed" my flock of Toulouse, which meant running after them as they screamed in fear, so it looked like a flock of giant Toulouse were being chased by five week old guinea keets
big_smile.png
. I'd hear them squalling and look out the window to see them in full retreat while the keets tried to keep up
big_smile.png

Quote:
It seems like that would be a hard fear to get over. They are scary when they are on the attack.

The thing is, if you run at them, they'll retreat squealing like little girls. Even if you are very small.

Uh no, that does not always apply__depending on the goose attacking. When I was growing up, the barn where I kept my horse had geese and a Canada goose named "Gus" would attack on sight if we came NEAR his pond. If you stood your ground, unless you had an actual weapon (broom, pitchfork, etc.) he would LAUNCH himself at you with intent to kill!

That being said, tamed or imprinted geese are SO different from that and make awesome pets!

Hand raised geese can be very loving and friendly.

you guys are hilarious.. if my gander could get into the house, he's shiv us in our sleep!!! cuddly and snuggly!?!? even one of the dogs is afraid of him! hee hee hee

on the other hand, the first thing he did when we got him was march in and pummel the extra mean rooster....so he's good for that!​

Back
Top Bottom