Why isn’t my chick growing feathers like my others?

PeckingOddity

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2023
South Georgia
Hi, I'm a new chicken mom to 4 Orpingtons. 2 lavender and 2 buff! My favorite Lavender, Jolly Rancher is not growing as fast as my others. They are almost 2 weeks and my 2 buff and other lavender have wing feathers and are getting their tail feathers in. Jolly on the other hand only has the tip feathers on her wings and isn’t getting anymore in not are the current feathers growing. They all get along perfectly and she does not get picked on. She is about the same age maybe off by a day or two, they are all on medicated chick starter and Jolly gets just as much food as everyone else. She grows in size but slower and her feathers aren’t coming in. This has been monitored since 1 week and no progress. As a first time chick mom I’ve researched everything and wanted to come to this forum to get new opinions. I’ll link some photos below.

E4815A5F-5358-45C6-BDF5-A5A82E284C98.jpeg

This is the growing Lavender Orpington, Maleania.
B5E3C2A7-3C4F-4B99-8941-BD4AADDD6653.jpeg

This is Jolly Rancher.

Assuming you purchased all as pullets ... She maybe developing slower, as long as she's eating/drinking/pooping and activity it fine, not worries. IF you purchased ST ... maybe a cockerel as their feathering development is slower.

At any rate you plcked a :love breed to start with, Opringtons are my first and favorite breed.

Back
Top Bottom