Why soy free?? (And the effects of soy)

Quote:
There is no statement on the label of our feed that indicates where it is from. Wiki has some info on it and says it is mostly from wild caught fish, and it is the offal and bones from the fish processing that are cooked and ground into meal. Not sure if this qualifies as organic. Still, I feel safer with the fish meal than sprayed soy.

Thats good to know it is from wild fish.
A local popular composted fish product for gardening turned out to contain fish from fish farms. Most Farmed fish are fed antibiotics everyday in their feed. That product is not so popular now with many "organic" gardeners.
I agree, for protien in chicken food, almost everything is better than RR Soy, even road kill.

The operative word in the Wiki info was "mostly." I don't know if that is just to allow wiggle room from a manufacturing standpoint, and it would no surprise me if there were farmed fish leftovers going into the fish meal in chicken feed. I assume this is a supply and demand type of product that will use wild from processing ships and plants but would not be adverse to taking it from a farmed fish supplier. I don't know if there is any regulation on fish meal for it having to state its component origin.

This may be a case of buyer beware. Right now I am staying with the fish meal protein formula unless I find it is from farmed fish. I too do not like the way farmed fish are fed, cared for, or medicated.

I hope others will chime in that have better info on this.

Back
Top Bottom