Why?

Country Heart

City Girl With A
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
San Jose, California
Why is everyone so quick to want to know...roo or not?
hu.gif

I live in the suburbs and have to re-home my roos once they start crowing - but until that moment, I love to live in ignorant bliss and enjoy my short, sweet, precious time with my boys.
hugs.gif

Feed bills. The sooner they go, the less it costs you to raise one you are not keeping anyway. I do keep some roosters, but most need to go asap.

Some people are keeping illegal chickens too, so even the first crow is a dead giveaway. Better to sex early and rehome/cull early than be caught because of an errant crow!

I needed to know, so I could replace with another chick before it was too late. The longer you wait, the harder to integrate.

What hcppam and stacykins said! I don't think I am zoned for chickens, but loads of people in our county do it. As long as the neighbors don't complain, no one cares. I bought two birds last month and was assured they were both girls only one wasn't old enough to lay. Well, turns out she's never going to lay because she's a he! I'm trying to reach the person who sold them to take him back, but if she won't, I've got to get rid of him somehow before he crows and I have to give up my hen and coop!

Back
Top Bottom