Wichita Cabin Coop design computer models and material list

Really liking the coop. Our girls will be here in a few days and I hope to have it done before they've overgrown the brooder! I sent an email. Could this coop feasibly be done in a weekend with some decent carpentry skills?

We just built ours this year with a couple modifications for our purposes, the biggest probably being that we did a barn door type design so we could open the top half to toss scraps into the pen without letting the girls escape into the yard, it's been hugely helpful so I thought I'd chime in with it. Thanks for such a thorough post, I hope yours continues to work for you!
Great idea!

Great coop! Your design has all the boxed checked that we were looking for. The Hubs and I are toying with the idea of building our coop. About how long did it take you to build?

In response to requests for plans to build this coop, we offer the following package:
  • 2 "SketchUp" 3D computer models of the Wichita Cabin Coop design (1 of basic framing details, and 1 of entire coop)
  • PDF document of "Wichita Cabin Coop Building Guidelines & Material List"

The SketchUp files contain complete 3D computer models of the coop design -- basically like having an already built coop to refer to and copy from. You can view all the individual parts, see how they fit together, extract measurements / dimensions for them, and even adjust / modify the design if you wish. Note that you will need the "SketchUp" program installed on your computer to open the model files (available free off the web at http://www.sketchup.com). If you are not familiar with SketchUp, it's easy to learn the basics via online tutorials or similar (e.g.
, etc.).

The PDF document "Wichita Cabin Coop Building Guidelines & Material List" contains:
  • complete listing of recommended building materials and tools
  • general construction hints
  • coop location considerations and pointers
  • construction recommendations for details such as the foundation, nesting box, doors, and windows

If you would like to obtain copies of these files, please contact us via PM, e-mail at [email protected], or call (316) 681-8181. We accept payment via "PayPal", check, or cash. Feel free to contact us anytime if you have additional questions or need more information. Thank you for your interest, and good luck with your coop project!

John & Donna Baldessari
(316) 681-8181
[email protected]
Hello, I have SketchUp loaded onto my computer and am familiar with the program. How can I receive the file for the chicken coop plan to load into SketchUp?

I would like to purchase your coop plans! I tried calling the phone number above and sent an email to the email above, but I got no answer. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Back
Top Bottom