wild goose thread...

Quote:
The majority of our geese are pinioned, but the full winged geese, we either clipped the wings when they were new or they were raised here.

I like having some birds that can fly. We have a few Barheads, Barnacles, Ross, Snow, Egyptian and a pair of Magellans that can fly.

Wish I could get photos, but my camera isn't that good. Tried to get photos of a European Shellduck that was doing laps over the trees the other day.

1snowyoung.jpg

Quote:
The majority of our geese are pinioned, but the full winged geese, we either clipped the wings when they were new or they were raised here.

I like having some birds that can fly. We have a few Barheads, Barnacles, Ross, Snow, Egyptian and a pair of Magellans that can fly.

Wish I could get photos, but my camera isn't that good. Tried to get photos of a European Shellduck that was doing laps over the trees the other day.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w172/spectrumranch/waterfowl/1snowyoung.jpg

Is this a business or just for your pleasure? you have the most beautiful birds I've ever seen..
love.gif

Quote:
It's somewhere inbetween, treat it like a bussiness but get total pleasure from the creatures I keep.

It's amazing, wish I was close I'd love to come see them all!

I try to sell off that years hatch to help my hobby pay for it's self, and if you make out on top that's awesome. If not I still love keeping my birds so it's always a win win for me.

Im with you J3172
wink.png
Also Randy have you had any luck with your Magellans breeding? If so could you give me some details either here or a PM. Thanks Shawn.

Last edited:
The person I bought mine from has at least 6 prs in a big communal pen together most of the year but during breeding she said they all have to go in separate enclosures or lots of dead birds

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom