Wild Peacocks..

GeoGreyWolf

Songster
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
A co worker of mine approached me about peacocks/peafowl.. She has wild ones laying nests all over her and her families property.. She joked with me since i started to incubate duck eggs about giving me eggs to incubate. Doing research im not finding much of any laws pertaining to removing, damaging, capturing wild peafowl in Florida.. Does anyone know the laws pertaining to this?

A co worker of mine approached me about peacocks/peafowl.. She has wild ones laying nests all over her and her families property.. She joked with me since i started to incubate duck eggs about giving me eggs to incubate. Doing research im not finding much of any laws pertaining to removing, damaging, capturing wild peafowl in Florida.. Does anyone know the laws pertaining to this?
The fastest way to find out your state laws regarding feral peafowl is to contact you local game warden.

I don't think they are protected.

In general, if the creature has never been indigenous to your state then it is not protected. In Mo. Mountain Lions and Bears were indigenous in the past and are protected. Armadillos have never been indigenous to Mo. thus are not protected.

Back
Top Bottom