Will a chicken with no feet lay eggs? *Pictures added*

You 100% sure she layed it? Wow, she must have some EE in her. Haha, what am I saying, she IS an EE, otherwise she would've layed brown
wink.png

Congratulations! She did it!
highfive.gif

I know your other hen started laying a couple of weeks ago, how old are they now? My girls are all only 11 1/2 weeks, but i'm already wishing for that first egg! ~Naomi
They are about 10 months old! And YAY we got another slightly larger green egg today!!

And yes, I'm 100% sure its her that is laying them.. unless my other hen lays two a day and one is green LOL

Oh and the really weird thing is that I got her from Meyer hatchery so they were supposed to be "Pure" GLW... we see how well that worked out! Haha,

Yeah. I guess even the hatcheries make mistakes. I have Buff Leghorns. From what i understand Leghorns are should only have yellow legs. One of my girls has blueish grey legs. Her name is Dino!
wink.png

Yeah. I guess even the hatcheries make mistakes. I have Buff Leghorns. From what i understand Leghorns are should only have yellow legs. One of my girls has blueish grey legs. Her name is Dino!
wink.png
That's cool! And now that I look at Wren (the chicken without feet) I notice how truly different her feathers are from what a normal GLW's feathers would usually look like! They are much lighter and... ah just different! But it's probably hard to tell in the pic..

I have a younger bird that lost so far one of her feet to frost bite to I feel so bad! She is going to loose the second soon hopefully so she can walk. Do you have any advise to help her? She’s a bantam so very small in size. What are your guys set ups for them? And how did you get them to walk? Thank you I love how this group has no judgement!

Back
Top Bottom