will a saddled air cell effect the hatch rate?

Danial S

In the Brooder
May 14, 2023
hey all!
I ordered some chukar eggs (6+2). only one of these chukar eggs had a completely normal air cell while the rest had saddled air cells. I am only looking to hatch one chukar, so I only put two eggs (the one with the normal air cell and the smallest saddled air cell). Im using the Janoel24 incubator, temp is at 37.8c and humidity is hovering at around 56-58%. I was wondering if the saddled air cell will affect the hatch rate by much and if it's better to have it sit upright or on the side as I have them right now. I have the other eggs stored just in case though, if this hatch fails. Some websites say it is futile to incubate saddled eggs while others say proper care will indeed hatch them. I appreciate any advice!

ive incubated quite a few with saddled sacks lol .. id say the ones that started most have hatched out no problems for me ..

hey all!
I ordered some chukar eggs (6+2). only one of these chukar eggs had a completely normal air cell while the rest had saddled air cells. I am only looking to hatch one chukar, so I only put two eggs (the one with the normal air cell and the smallest saddled air cell). Im using the Janoel24 incubator, temp is at 37.8c and humidity is hovering at around 56-58%. I was wondering if the saddled air cell will affect the hatch rate by much and if it's better to have it sit upright or on the side as I have them right now. I have the other eggs stored just in case though, if this hatch fails. Some websites say it is futile to incubate saddled eggs while others say proper care will indeed hatch them. I appreciate any advice!
It shouldn't be a problem. Post pictures when they hatch! We really wanna see some cute babies:)

Back
Top Bottom