Will domestic cats kill a full-grown Indian runner?

They can. Most cats won't. But I know one that suprises his owner with a lot of animal presents. Chicken, ducks, hares, rabbits, and even a full grown male peacock... Which is somewhat hilarious because he lives on a really big undustry terrain as only one...where on earth did that cat get a peacock? They others were already kind of a mystery with all that concrete for miles around...but a peacock?!

I have a neighbourcat that actually chases the adult ducks. The rest of the cats is afraid of them. Till this far no deaths. But it is a cat. A cat can go from watching or play-chasing suddenly decide to attack in a split second. Just because. It can be even a play-thing. But that play-thing for them can hurt the duck like my wrists is full of scars from my cat's 'play-thing'.

So anything you can do to keep cats away; I would. Better safe then sorry.

My own cat does not do anything to the ducklings because it see's them as part of our group and she chases other cats away that try to make a move on them. With massive amounts of violence. She is really, really, really, scared of the adult ducks. Since they keep attacking her. But she defends them anyway when an other cat is around.

It's impossible to keep the cats away from the whole yard... They can climb and should be viewed as equivalent to birds of prey.

Today my 56 days old pekins made a point to not get in their coop anymore, so I made a point to take their food out so they have to sleep hungry... hopefully they'll live and learn.

But it's the (hopefully) soon-to-be hatching runners that I'm worried about.

I don't worry much about the neighbors huge cat that comes around he lives 5 acres away, unless I have babies. But I have tiny OEGB chickens too which makes me more alert to something amiss on the other side of the fence.

Chicken, ducks, hares, rabbits, and even a full grown male peacock... Which is somewhat hilarious because he lives on a really big undustry terrain as only one...where on earth did that cat get a peacock? They others were already kind of a mystery with all that concrete for miles around...but a peacock?!
What type of cat are we referring to here? A mountain lion? :lol: Surely nothing domesticated. ;)

I'm normally one to say "anything's possible," but that seems a bit odd..... I've owned/worked with cats all my life, and never known them to kill anything larger than a rabbit....let alone transport it for miles! :eek: Peacocks, at a maximum of 13 lbs., weigh more than most kitties. :gig

~Alex

What type of cat are we referring to here? A mountain lion? :lol: Surely nothing domesticated. ;)

I'm normally one to say "anything's possible," but that seems a bit odd..... I've owned/worked with cats all my life, and never known them to kill anything larger than a rabbit....let alone transport it for miles! :eek: Peacocks, at a maximum of 13 lbs., weigh more than most kitties. :gig

~Alex

I believe he still has pictures. The cat often takes home weirdly big animals. Mostly tame unfortunately. A tame peacock, slowed down by his tailfeathers, wings clipped by humans, is no match for a cat who decides to attack it :'(
I still have to giggle by the thought someone driving by at night on that industrial terrain and see some cat all out of breath determinant to drag that peacock home :')
owner...must...see... this.. *huffhuffhuff* must...go...on...*huffhuffhuff* must...make..owner...proud..
Continuously tripping because it can't find the right way to drag it while walking, the peacock's feathers and such keep getting stuck in branches/curbs hahaha. Poor determinant kitty.

I believe he still has pictures. The cat often takes home weirdly big animals. Mostly tame unfortunately. A tame peacock, slowed down by his tailfeathers, wings clipped by humans, is no match for a cat who decides to attack it :'(
I still have to giggle by the thought someone driving by at night on that industrial terrain and see some cat all out of breath determinant to drag that peacock home :')
owner...must...see... this.. *huffhuffhuff* must...go...on...*huffhuffhuff* must...make..owner...proud..
Continuously tripping because it can't find the right way to drag it while walking, the peacock's feathers and such keep getting stuck in branches/curbs hahaha. Poor determinant kitty.
Just when I think I've heard it all....:confused::lol: All that can be said is, this isn't a normal cat! :gig

Thank you for putting images in my head. Will be giggling the remainder of the night. ;)

~Alex

~Alex
Hey, my cat only weighs 16 pounds!!! She's just a little thick!!

Back
Top Bottom