Will her eggs be fertile?

You may want to move the first few hatchlings to a brooder with a heat lamp to avoid having her leave the nest. Mama could also trample the hatchlings if she's still brooding on her nest.
(Did you have to help that guy out?)

I havent helped it at all. Momma duck went back to sitting on it. Should i take it out or just see what happens ig its not normal hatching right?

I woke up and found this this morning! Is that what a hatching egg is suppose to look like? And if this little guy hatches how long do the others have to hatch befo re momma duck abandons the nest? Will taking the babe away after it hatches keep her nesting?
That isn't hatching. That's what it looks like when a hen gets curious about all the cheeping underneath her. Frequently happens with first time broodies. I've lost a few chicks to overly curious broodies. Usually it's just that first pipped egg that they investigate. Fingers crossed that the chick is alright.

That isn't hatching. That's what it looks like when a hen gets curious about all the cheeping underneath her. Frequently happens with first time broodies. I've lost a few chicks to overly curious broodies. Usually it's just that first pipped egg that they investigate. Fingers crossed that the chick is alright.

Oh i didnt know theyd do that. This is definately her and my first time hatching . thanks for the good info.

I walked out to the first hatchling! Its been hatched for a while cause it was already dry....so far nothing else yet the baby is under her rn.

Im holding the little baby inside but i feel bad cause hes all by himself. Will he be alright till the others hatch? He cries a lot when left alone so ive been holding him .

Back
Top Bottom