Will her eggs be fertile?

And also i wouldnt know how to feed a baby duck if its not inside cause ive got other birds besides the ducks and this is the first time ive had a mom hatch

And also i wouldnt know how to feed a baby duck if its not inside cause ive got other birds besides the ducks and this is the first time ive had a mom hatch
Baby ducks will eat chick starter and the rest of the flock can have it too if they are all in the same area. But for the safety of the ducklings I'd give more security maybe make a small pen inside just for her and her ducklings using a dog X pen or fencing of some kind that will protect her and any ducklings that may get too far from her while she is sitting. Make sure to give them a waterer they can't climb into and drown. Place the food and water close enough mom can get some too. Mama ducks have been caring for their little ones alot longer than we have and that lil one would be fine with her as long as the other birds can't get to it. If you still want to keep it inside a stuffed animal and a non breakable mirror may help.

On this thread it gives a pic of a homemade waterer perfect for ducklings..
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom