Will my chickens go broody

It's hard to say for sure. Some breeds are more prone to broodiness than others, but it really depends on the individual bird. I have had OEGs and EEs go broody, however.

Last edited:
The breed can largely determine whether they go broody. I've seen plenty of game hens go broody but I can't say I've ever seen an easter egger go broody.

best bet would be the game hens, I one that will go broody with more than 8 eggs, she's not a normal broody though, I have to physically separate her from the others, since she is very aggressive when she is broody, she's not one to stay in her nest and hiss at you, she will get up and chase any intruders. saying that, her hatch rate is always 90%+.
also if we let her, she will brood her chicks up untill she is past laying and going broody again.

tried that with one of my bigger girls but she smashed them. got a small cochin sitting on two quail eggs and six of her eggs, for 14 days now and they are still intact.

saw a youtube video that shows that they will take to them but there is an initial language barrier between the two species at first.

Back
Top Bottom