Will My Cracked Egg Still Hatch?

I just came across this thread. I received a shipment of eggs today and the box was in great shape and 18 of the 20 eggs were in great shape, but 2 of the eggs were cracked. I think I'll try the nail polish thing and see what happens. This thread was a great help!

Oh thank heavens for this thread! I just checked the eggs today after finding out that one of our larger hens had fixated on the nest with 18 day old eggs in it, and one of them was cracked! No leaking or blood, so I'm going to try the wax method-hopefully it'll work!

Oh thank heavens for this thread! I just checked the eggs today after finding out that one of our larger hens had fixated on the nest with 18 day old eggs in it, and one of them was cracked! No leaking or blood, so I'm going to try the wax method-hopefully it'll work!
Yeah, this thread was a life saver!

My 2 cracked eggs go into lockdown tomorrow. They're growing and moving lots. Due to hatch Thursday! I hope they hatch.

Good luck with yours.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I have been using Elmer glue and tissue to fix cracks, but I have been finding the earlier on the egg gets cracked the more likely the chicks seem notto survive past the first few days. Not positive why but I think there may be some kind of shipment issue. From what I have observed they never seem to eat. I would like to continue to test and research this but at the same time it's so hard to root for these these little guess just to loose them.anyone else have similar trouble with early cracked egg hatches.

Back
Top Bottom