Will pullets hatched in June start laying this year?

As far as breeds, this years chicks that ended up being pullets are 2 ancona, 3 faverolles, 1 black copper marans, 1 partridge rock, and 3 olive eggers. I think two of the olive eggers are BCM/cream legbar crosses and the other is a BCM/Ameraucana cross. Of the two look-alike BCM/legbar crosses, one has much more distinguished comb and wattles, and one of the 3 salmon faverolles gave me a submissive squat this morning. So maybe they are getting ready!

They are very pretty! I am sure they will start laying soon too. I moved some of my newbies over to the new coop with the older girls and two of them squatted for me. Soon! Mine were hatched in early June.

The olive egger in the above picture was in the coop today... I think she's been laying for over a week now! I hadn't seen her in the nest box but I've been getting these little blue eggs that I though my easter egger was laying, but then I thought they were small, and she's not done molting... so I guess it's the olive egger. Not as olive as I thought they'd be. Maybe they will darken as her body matures?

The brown ones are just for size and color reference.

Hi guys! I also got my chicks in June. On June 11th I was told they were 2 weeks old. So that makes them almost 24 weeks. The wait has been so difficult!
My RIR started laying last week. She has had full, red comb and wattles for almost a month, been sub squat for 3 weeks, and egg song for a week and a half. She really kept me waiting! Now that she's "mature" she follows me around and allows petting and holding. She is so small though so her eggs are also tiny.

My three buff Orpingtons are driving me crazy though! They are also 24 weeks but aside from being HUGE, they refuse to mature! They definitely have varying degrees of growth and red on their combs and wattles but it seems like nothing has changed on them in weeks! They all hate me and run away clucking when I reach my hand out. They will gobble up mealworms right out of my hand though lol. No squats, no songs, and no eggs
1f61e.png
. I guess they are holding out till spring. I was hoping that the warmer weather of NM would encourage them but alas.

Anyone else get eggs from your June chicks yet?

The olive egger in the above picture was in the coop today... I think she's been laying for over a week now! I hadn't seen her in the nest box but I've been getting these little blue eggs that I though my easter egger was laying, but then I thought they were small, and she's not done molting... so I guess it's the olive egger. Not as olive as I thought they'd be. Maybe they will darken as her body matures?

The brown ones are just for size and color reference.
Beautiful eggs!

Back
Top Bottom