Will the post office call?

backyardgirls

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 13, 2007
Bakersfield, CA
Those of you who've had chicks shipped from Ideal might be able to help me. My chicks are supposed to arrive tomorrow. 04/23/08

Will the post office call to let me know where to pick them up? I'm hoping they hold them at the distribution center and not send them to my local branch that doesn't open til 10 or even worse try to deliver them to my house!!!

I'm kind of worried I meant to call Ideal today but got held up at work.
he.gif

They are SUPPOSED to call... but USPS is a government entity... so don't count on it!
Whoops... Flowerpot said they will call. Maybe they will? I'd call them first thing, talk to a supervisor, and make sure they know they will be receiving live animals and that you need to be called ASAP.

My order from Meyer comes next week. I called the post office in advance and they said to call them when the chicks are shipped so they know they are coming and to make sure the post office has my phone number and could call me when they arrive.

I would call your local PO and ask them.

You need to get the number for "expedited services". Call them and let them know you are waiting for chicks to arrive.

Tell them you will pick them up whatever time they arrive at the distribution center.

Its good all of you guys on here have a post office that CALLS! Here in San Antonio, every year when I ordered duckling or something they would bring them too the house and leave them on my porch!!!! I was especially mad this year! We have a new mailman and he does not look like an animal lover. He didn't even walk them up to my porch, he set them on the steps in the hot sun and didn't even ring the doorbell or nothing! Thank god no chickies were hurt or DOA! I would wake up early just in case and call your local post office yourself to be extra sure nothing like this happens to your babies. Enjoy them and take lots of pics! I just love Ideal!

Back
Top Bottom