Wilson Arena/Exotics Sale, Cookeville, TN

Dawn419

Lost in the Woods
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Evening Shade, AR
Just found out that Wilson's is having their Exotic Sale November 8th, 9th and 10th. Birds are on the 8th starting at 10 a.m.. Tried to talk Skip into taking the day off but he said no way, so I guess I'm going by myself. Anyone else plan on going?

Dawn

Quote:
I've never been to an Exotic sale before but the list stated chickens, ducks, pheasants, emus...just a few that I remember reading from the list. Friday and Saturday will be other "exotic" animals like Alpacas, Donkey/Zebra crosses and other "oddities"...wish I would have copied the flyer. I plan on taking the camera as I have this sinking feeling that I'm gonna be like a "kid in a candy store".
lau.gif

FluffyChickenMama,

Cookeville is west on I-40 from Knoxville, heading towards Nashville. You can get directions with this link.

Dawn

ohh I would love to go to one of there showes!!!My husband would die though theres no telling what I would come home with!!
Off topic theres this huge poultry show around there sometime in the spring anyone heard of it? Crystal

They still have the exotic sale they have on in the spring and in the fall at Wilson's

They have another auction every Tuesday night at what they call the stockbarn they have auctions every tuesday nights and sale chickens. You can got to www.localsalesnetwork.com and post a want ad for info and so one will tell you or you can go to the middle tn thread in the wheare are you section of the forum and I say someone will be able to tell you more about both auctions.

I hope that helps.

Actually they have the exotic / alternative livestock auction 4 times a year. I go to every one of them and have been going for years. The next exotic sale is Feb.27th, 28th, Mar. 1st. 2nd. The first day is just antiques, taxidermy, skulls, hides,horns, things like this, no animals. Thursday is when the animals start. The auction usually starts at 9am and will continue until all is sold, sometimes it runs until midnight or more. Thursday they will sell exotic cattle-Zebu, Minis, Watusi, etc. Followed by Alpacas, lamas, Yak, Water Buffalo, Bison, elk. deer, antelope, hogs, swine sheep and goats. Friday is the day for poultry- the day starts at 9am with an outside sale, all types of cages, feeders, you just never know what they will have (I love this auction!) around 10am the inside sale starts with Peacocks and pheasants, Swans, Fancy waterfowl. Followed by the exotic birds, macaws, pocket pets, monkeys, wallaby, kangaroo, fur bearers, reptiles etc. Around 2pm starts the poultry-ducks, geese, guineas, chickens, quail, pigeons, turkeys, then ostrich rhea, emus. There is usually thousand of birds. Saturday-Mini horses, zebras, donkeys, mini donkeys, camels, zedonks, zorses.

If you like animals and auctions you will love this sale-I never miss it. Usually the Feb/march sale and the May sell are sellers market- usually everything brings high prices. The Sept. and Nov. sale are the buyers market, people selling off for winter.

Back
Top Bottom