WindingWater Introduction

WindingWater

Chirping
May 12, 2016
Mayville, New York
Hello from Chautauqua County, NY! I still feel new to chickens as I have had them only one and a half years. I got my first chickens at the Tractor Supply Company - 6 Silkie chicks. I re-homed four of the Silkies last fall as adults and got four "black bantams" (two different breeds) from some neighbors. One of my Silkies died early this summer after being infested with mites or lice. This particular Silkie was prone to illness and had wry neck as a chick.

My chickens are my pets. My husband is disabled and I wanted some livestock at our country home as a hobby. Right now, my pets include: three hens, two roosters, two cats, a dog and three alpacas. I hope to have a few more hens in the future.

I found BackYard Chickens while searching the Internet for answers to my chicken questions. I am glad to be part of this community.

Welcome to BYC!:frow

There are tons of people here to help you if any problems arise! You just have to post on the correct forum and give a brief description of symptoms and a few pictures if necessary and you would be good to go! You can also make cute articles about your chickens and how they grow or something else not related to chickens! Have a great day! Sorry for your loss...

welcome from Getaclue.gif
It is good to have a hobby like chickens when working with a disability. Does your DH get out to help with them too?

Back
Top Bottom