Wing injury

Sadly, found her dead today.

She'd gotten as far as being outside permanently with the flock, wing still a little droopy but seemed otherwise fine. I think at least she had a few good days out in the sun at the end.

No marks on the carcass, she'd seemed ok shortly before I found her, it's like she just gave up :-(

Makes me wonder in retrospect if it would have been better to euthanise straightaway rather than put her through the stress of the wrapping & the cage.

Always easy to be wise after the event though isn't it.

Nothing apart from poking and prodding beyond what would be comfortable for a live animal. Despite having that freedom post mortem, still could not see or feel anything that seemed wrong. Goes down as a mystery I'm afraid.

Sadly, found her dead today.

She'd gotten as far as being outside permanently with the flock, wing still a little droopy but seemed otherwise fine. I think at least she had a few good days out in the sun at the end.

No marks on the carcass, she'd seemed ok shortly before I found her, it's like she just gave up :-(

Makes me wonder in retrospect if it would have been better to euthanise straightaway rather than put her through the stress of the wrapping & the cage.

Always easy to be wise after the event though isn't it.
I'm sorry to hear this:(

Back
Top Bottom