Wireless Security Camera/Video recorder??

workaholic90

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
So I am trying to find a video recorder that is wireless and even better would be to run on batteries. Since I fractured my ankle, it is much harder for me to make sure all the girls (8 total) make it into the coop. I have never had a problem but it helps me sleep better at night knowing they all made it in.

The camera can be super small bc it's a snap lock coop so it's small. I would like to be able to just check on them before I turn in for the evening. Does anyone have any suggestions. There is no need to tell me how dumb it is to check on them blah blah blah, i am looking for camera advice and that's it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JJ

It is really dumb to check on them like that........Kidding...just kidding. I am not aware of any completely wireless (battery+streaming video) cameras but they may exist. Although I imagine you would be changing batteries all the time. Can you run an extension cord to the coop? Do a search on amazon. There should be several well reviewed options. Baby cameras are also an option.

How about a security cam? They are small amd I belive wireless amd I know you can stream to monitor or tv. I m getting a game cam myself, but my ankles not broke so I'm able to go out and get card out. Been hearing lots of cars in driveway and night. Can't be to careful.

I use such with a router where myDlink is software / website that processes images. Infrared needed at night works only at close range when camera does all the illumination.

Take following link:

https://www.mydlink.com/entrance

Type in "[email protected]" for email and "cultigen" for password. We currently have two webcams observing a sunfish breeding colony. If you have a really fast connection, movement will appear natural. If slow connection, then movement will look like stop motion or even worse. Feed must go to internet from your camera before returning to your computer which is where connection speed matters. I can monitor this from home and will soon be able to monitor birds at home from work. Biggest problem is camera sometimes needs to be rebooted.

Thank you so much where did you purchase your cams?? We no longer have FiOS like in NJ but are on Skybeam and get ok access 18up and 15 down with the speedtest just performed.

Best Buy. We acquired 3. Limitation to be concerned about is router communicating with webcams. With walls, about 150 feet is pushing it. With line of site the router at home has a range of nearly 300 feet.

The one I have is a uniden. I got it at costco but the cameras have to have power. They transmit back to the house wirelessly though and have a 500 ft. range I believe. It was about 350$. But I leave my chickens for weeks at a time and it has been such a worry reliever.

Back
Top Bottom