Woke up this morning.. All goslings dead..

Puddle Foot Farm

Songster
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Maryland
I don't understand. They went to bed fine last night, I woke up and they were dead.

What are causes of sudden gosling death?

RIP Abby, Amelia, and Toulouse.

OMG that is so sad! What could have happened???
hugs.gif

Was their heat light on? Did they go out to graze yesterday? Did they have a deep enough water bowl to submerge their nostrils?

So sorry for your loss!

Shelly

I dunno.. They were just all laying out, dead. One was sprawled on the other side, and the other two were on top of each other. I miss them already..
hit.gif

Quote:
No, but it was warm enough for them without it.. They were grazing a little while I tried to corral them after swimming.. Yes, I think their water was deep enough.

oh no!!!! thats horrible! i'm so sorry...

we were gutted when our only gosling was killed earlier this summer.

i'm so sorry

if all three died and there was no sign of struggle - was there? any dogs around, evidence of break in??

and since it was so sudden i'm going with some kind of poison or something environmental - how old were they? too hot? too cold?

Quote:
No, except one of their heads/necks were soaked, I think. My mom literally woke me up with, "All your geese are dead." and I didn't have time to put my glasses on.. I had a mini-panic attack and she cleaned everything up while I was outside the room.

They were one week and two days old today.

I think "gutted" is a good way to describe this feeling.. I have chickens and things die before, but nothing is quite like this. It was like I was the center of their world..

Back
Top Bottom