wondering a few things about Sebrights

ninja333pirate

Songster
Aug 3, 2020
Pacific Northwest, WA
So I am looking to get some Sebrights for a breeding, I absolutely love the breed, and would like to know what I should get color wise. I am drawn more towards the golden Sebrights, but would like to silver as well.

I am wondering if I should just stick to one color (in this case it would be gold) or if I should buy some of both looking for hens and roos of both color variety. I don't have space to separate for individual breeding of specific colors. I am looking to buy 15-16 chicks soon just need to know if mixing the colors makes them worth less at all, or if it doesn't really matter.

I would like to produce high quality chickens, looks good and has good health. I do know that mixing the colors creates sexlink chicks so that would be a plus, but at the same time might be easier getting rid of males if I could just sell them as straight runs. I am thinking that getting only one color might be best but just want to make sure.

So I am looking to get some Sebrights for a breeding, I absolutely love the breed, and would like to know what I should get color wise. I am drawn more towards the golden Sebrights, but would like to silver as well.

I am wondering if I should just stick to one color (in this case it would be gold) or if I should buy some of both looking for hens and roos of both color variety. I don't have space to separate for individual breeding of specific colors. I am looking to buy 15-16 chicks soon just need to know if mixing the colors makes them worth less at all, or if it doesn't really matter.

I would like to produce high quality chickens, looks good and has good health. I do know that mixing the colors creates sexlink chicks so that would be a plus, but at the same time might be easier getting rid of males if I could just sell them as straight runs. I am thinking that getting only one color might be best but just want to make sure.
Sebrights are amazing bantams, and have amazing colors too. You could get both, but when you want to breed you would have to separate if you want both colors. The silver sebrights are my favorite, but the golden are pretty too. Good luck! :) E6308E58-5169-470E-AE2C-0A4EA79598F2.png

Sebrights are amazing bantams, and have amazing colors too. You could get both, but when you want to breed you would have to separate if you want both colors. The silver sebrights are my favorite, but the golden are pretty too. Good luck! :)View attachment 2657234
thank you for the answer! That's what I had a feeling of, I was thinking of getting a flock of gold Sebrights to start with. At some point I am going to move to a place with enough space for multiple coops, but until then I am going to work on breeding the one breed. :D

Back
Top Bottom