Wondering bout a rubber egg possible from my turkey

preciouspanda

Songster
7 Years
May 2, 2017
texas
I have help from a friend that has raised a backyard flock years ago he has helped me restart mine I always seek his advice on most things but I found a rubber egg this morning and I asked him and we believe it is a turkey egg. I got 2 bronze and a chocolate turkey back in April. bronze is a hen and Tom and the chocolate is a hen. what causes them kind of eggs

I have help from a friend that has raised a backyard flock years ago he has helped me restart mine I always seek his advice on most things but I found a rubber egg this morning and I asked him and we believe it is a turkey egg. I got 2 bronze and a chocolate turkey back in April. bronze is a hen and Tom and the chocolate is a hen. what causes them kind of eggs
How old is your hen and how long has she been laying eggs? If she is young and just started laying, she may just need to work out the kinks. She may also need more calcium in her diet in order to form proper egg shells. I would get some oyster shell at your local feed store and give her free access to it during laying season.

She is too young generally to be laying. They generally will start laying the following season. So it's probably not from your turkey.

The first pic is the rubber egg. second pic is same between 2 of my ducks eggs. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20170904_024602913.jpg
    IMG_20170904_024602913.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20170904_024817025.jpg
    IMG_20170904_024817025.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 5
I know for sure that it's not a duck egg. I have only 2 ducks now and although they are different breeds they are a mated pair. My lady duck lays her eggs every morning inside their pen before I even get out there and open my 2 separate coops so my whole flock start Free ranging for the day. And my geese trio are the only other ones with my ducks at night. My Ducks and my oldest chickens are the only one laying right now separate pens

I know for sure that it's not a duck egg. I have only 2 ducks now and although they are different breeds they are a mated pair. My lady duck lays her eggs every morning inside their pen before I even get out there and open my 2 separate coops so my whole flock start Free ranging for the day. And my geese trio are the only other ones with my ducks at night. My Ducks and my oldest chickens are the only one laying right now separate pens
It is not shaped like a turkey egg.

Back
Top Bottom