won't eat

hoosier

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 27, 2008
South Central Indiana
I have a 2yr old RIR that won't eat this morning. Last evening, she didn't eat some insects I offered, but didn't think a lot of it as they frequently balk at new food items. She seemed fine yesterday - eating, out running around w/ the others. I finally got her to eat three blackberries, two bites of baby food, and a few bites of chickweed.
Any suggestions? Thanks for any help anyone can give.
I did try to search, but having only SLOW dial-up, I was going crazy.

When was she last wormed?
When was her last egg?
Has she lost weight? Can you feel her keel bone?

Keep up with supportive care, ie: vitamins in her water, making her drink, putting food in her mouth such as canned dog food, mushy chicken food etc....

She was wormed last month. I don't know when her last egg was - I don't know how to distinguish which egg is laid by whom. I can feel her keel bone. It seems only slightly more prominent than I would expect.
Tahnks for your response.

hummmmm. Can you feel for an egg caught inside her? Sometimes you can feel them. Also listen to her lungs, right under her wing for any wheezing, just encase she's coming down with something. Can you check your feed for mold, or any moldy feed left in the pen, under a bowl etc.... Chickens always seem to consume anything they shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom