Wood duckling found.

HarpyHaven

In the Brooder
May 30, 2019
Ninnekah, Oklahoma
We found a wood duckling that we suspicion was ditched in a local feed store. Are wood ducks good for showing? I have no experience in showing, but would like to get my sisters into it. What do I need to know?

20190619_221055.jpg
20190619_221110.jpg
This is Chuck the wood duck.

Very adorable !! But PLEASE take it to a wildlife rehabilitation IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Woodducks need the exact opposite care of a domestic duck--- I found this out a week ago of doing nearly everything WRONG.

It is also completely illegal to keep a Wood duck as they are protected under the Migratory Bird act in the United States ^^ So whoever put that duckling in there---- Shame on them.

Trust me the baby is better off in the hands of professional and liscensed handlers!

Very adorable !! But PLEASE take it to a wildlife rehabilitation IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Woodducks need the exact opposite care of a domestic duck--- I found this out a week ago of doing nearly everything WRONG.

It is also completely illegal to keep a Wood duck as they are protected under the Migratory Bird act in the United States ^^ So whoever put that duckling in there---- Shame on them.

Trust me the baby is better off in the hands of professional and liscensed handlers!
We already know that it already needs special treatment and we're calling the warden in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom