World Egg Day Hatchalong!(October 12, 2012 is World Egg Day!)

I want to join, but I'm a scatter brain. Are you going to send out a reminder?
Phoenix912, set this thread to notify you immediately when posts are made and you won't be able to forget it
wee.gif

I'll join in if I can get some Serama eggs, or if my little Modern Game Bantam girls have settled into laying (by then, they should be doing well hopefully)

What I have in the incubator now was going to be my last hatch of the year...but if I come across something too good to pass up I might just have to join in on the fun. :)

glad to see so much interest in the Hatch!.

I will be doing a bit of announcing closer to the hatch date. Don't forget to add the hatch thread to your signature so more will see it.

I Really Want to join you guys! Thing is I don't have an incubator yet! I haven't heard the best reports from the TS version, and it would still cost me $80 with a auto turner. And the good ones are a good chunk more.... I've been stalking Craigslist, but nothing in showing up in my area...

I made the Pot Bator. An old metal crock pot(non electric) that was wrapped in bubble wrap for insulation and heated with an incandescant lightbulb. The humidity comes from an cup of water in the center of the pot. The eggs are placed in the bottom. I hatched several chicks and ducklings in it, too!
I Really Want to join you guys! Thing is I don't have an incubator yet! I haven't heard the best reports from the TS version, and it would still cost me $80 with a auto turner. And the good ones are a good chunk more.... I've been stalking Craigslist, but nothing in showing up in my area...

Perfect!!!!! The timing is great, All of my first generation Olive eggers, Marans, and Lavender Ameraucana's all started laying this month. I wasn't going to hatch anything else this year,
hide.gif
I have way too many chicks with hens (about 30 chicks amongst 5 hens and one hen that wants to hatch but I won't let her. Hey I just noticed that date is my grown sons birthday he will be 29 this year. So I should have a great hatch I'm in.
Michele

Back
Top Bottom