Worm farm for chickens

arlenecruises

Chirping
Jan 9, 2016
I raise thousands of worms for my chics. Get some red wigglers, fill a tub with dirt, throw in the worms anywhere, and put a cup or so of corn meal on top of the dirt. Wet the corn meal with water, Set a rock or flower pot over the corn meal. Check regularly to make sure the corn meal is moistened. In a month you will see many worms under the rock.
Keep adding corn meal and always leave some worms to re multiply.
The "girls" love them!

I have even put in large bait worms from Walmart. They all work but red wigglers seem to do best. And-you can plants whatever in the pot!

I raise thousands of worms for my chics. Get some red wigglers, fill a tub with dirt, throw in the worms anywhere, and put a cup or so of corn meal on top of the dirt. Wet the corn meal with water, Set a rock or flower pot over the corn meal. Check regularly to make sure the corn meal is moistened. In a month you will see many worms under the rock.
Keep adding corn meal and always leave some worms to re multiply.
The "girls" love them!

I have even put in large bait worms from Walmart. They all work but red wigglers seem to do best. And-you can plants whatever in the pot!
Great idea! I may need to try that too. Oh, welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us.

I meant to post it in the chicken blog for others with chic pets so they can give them these wonderful worm treats. And it is free!!!! The girls LOVE LOVE LOVE worms.

I meant to post it in the chicken blog for others with chic pets so they  can give them these wonderful worm treats.  And it is free!!!!  The girls LOVE LOVE LOVE worms.

Don't sweat it. welcome to BYC.

I made a mistake once. I bought some chickens, and now look at me.

Back
Top Bottom