Worminator Overdose?

dboranch

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
I just wormed some chickens with Worminator. There was really no information that came with it other than 1 drop for bantams and 2 drops for large fowl. I was giving it to a large Ameraucana rooster who was quite upset that we were messing with his girls so he was under a net while I tried to administer it to him. In the struggle to place the 2 drops in his mouth, I accidentally gave him a squirt which I estimate to be about 8 to 10 drops instead of 2. I am very worried now that this could kill him or something awful will happen to him as a result. I am hoping that it will just be a waste of Worminator and will not cause harm. Does anyone know what an overdose of Worminator will do to a chicken?

Worminator is pyrantel pamoate. It is a safe wormer, paralyzes worms. Worms are either digested as protein or excreted depending on the wormload. Your rooster should be fine, all you can do is observe him.

Dawg53, Thank you so much for your reply! I was feeling just awful but I feel much better now. Can I ask you another question? The bottle says, 'Can repeat in 18 days' but I have also read it is best to repeat within 10 to 14 days or some say repeat every 6 months. How many days is the correct answer and how important is it to repeat again?
Thank you for your time!
Jennie

Dawg53, Thank you so much for your reply! I was feeling just awful but I feel much better now. Can I ask you another question? The bottle says, 'Can repeat in 18 days' but I have also read it is best to repeat within 10 to 14 days or some say repeat every 6 months. How many days is the correct answer and how important is it to repeat again?
Thank you for your time!
Jennie
Just follow the directions on the bottle.

Back
Top Bottom