Worming peafowl

Quote:
So if you put four ml in a gallon of water and all seven birds drank that gallon in one day, they got about 60% of the amount they needed. If you put seven ml in that gallon, and IF they drink all of it, they then got enough medication for it to work.
I think I like this idea... More is better, right? :lau -Kathy

Hope you all know that I am being serious... I'm skeptical about wormers in the water, so if I were going to try this method, I would definetly use more.

-Kathy

Hope you all know that I am being serious... I'm skeptical about wormers in the water, so if I were going to try this method, I would definetly use more.

-Kathy

Same here. Especially since not all birds drink the same amount. I've seen some of my hens drink more than the others. That's why prefer to just do oral that way I know they got it all.

Same here. Especially since not all birds drink the same amount. I've seen some of my hens drink more than the others. That's why prefer to just do oral that way I know they got it all.

Orally is without a doubt best, until you have way too many to catch and release. If you have 50 peas in a pen you cause a lot of stress chasing them around to catch them. Even in the dark it would be a daunting proposition.

Orally is without a doubt best, until you have way too many to catch and release. If you have 50 peas in a pen you cause a lot of stress chasing them around to catch them. Even in the dark it would be a daunting proposition.

That's when things become difficult. But when you have a small # like me for right now it's best to worm them orally. I would at least try something in their feed when there's a lot of them.

Orally is without a doubt best, until you have way too many to catch and release.  If you have 50 peas in a pen you cause a lot of stress chasing them around to catch them.  Even in the dark it would be a daunting proposition.  

And thats why Im thinking of moving from Safeguard to Valbazen so I can mix it in the water. Theres no way I can catch all these birds without hurting them and myself, Im just trying to get the right dose to water mixture so it will be effective. I spoke with Josh at Rocking BAB and he mixes 4ml Valbazen to 1gl of water and that is what Im thinking about doing the next go round, the birds I have received from Josh are very healthy and content so Im guessing that dosage should work unless you guys think it should be more or less per gallon?

Gerald Barker

And thats why Im thinking of moving from Safeguard to Valbazen so I can mix it in the water. Theres no way I can catch all these birds without hurting them and myself, Im just trying to get the right dose to water mixture so it will be effective. I spoke with Josh at Rocking BAB and he mixes 4ml Valbazen to 1gl of water and that is what Im thinking about doing the next go round, the birds I have received from Josh are very healthy and content so Im guessing that dosage should work unless you guys think it should be more or less per gallon?

Gerald Barker
I would probably do that since that's what those birds have been on. Don't forget to post pictures. The only info I can find in my books is for oral which is 0.4 cc per pound.

I would probably do that since that's what those birds have been on. Don't forget to post pictures. The only info I can find in my books is for oral which is 0.4 cc per pound.

Thanks Birdrain good advice. I will get some pics up soon, we are flooded out right now, soon as it dries up and gets pretty again I'll take a few. I think I put some on my FB.

Gerald Barker

Back
Top Bottom