Worming with Valbazen

Quote:

I agree. I prefer valbazen over all the other wormers, it kills all types of worms more so than any other wormer. But even after no more than 2 days after using wazine, I've seen mine perk up as well...just goes to show how devastating worms can be on our chickens. I have to worm every 3 months due to the heat and humidity, the soil here is very condusive for worms.
What is dose for water?

Reviving this thread.
Is Valbazen the wormer of choice for a first time wormer? I have three hens about a year and a half old and six more about six months old. Nobody has ever bern wormed, and I'd prefer not to. However, at least half of them seem a bit messy in the back (not super caked on, but slightly visible dusting on their fluffy butts and a little stuck below the vent), so I think I better do it. Thoughts?

Are the older one's bottoms messy or the younger ones or all? They may have gleet (like a yeast infection in women). You can do some research on gleet but yogurt or pro/pre-biotics help with that. May not be worms. I have several White Leghorns that are constantly dripping stool and their bottoms are terribly messy. They're still laying but I'm always washing their bottoms. I've done "all the right things" for them but they're all that way. Maybe just a bad batch of chickens; never had that problem before with an entire breed of chickens (McMurray's hatchings).

I do wonder if it is feed related. However, it's both batches of chickens. One of my older (still young... just 1 1/2) and half of my 6-month olds. I think maybe they reacted like this last time on this feed. I have given yogurt a couple days and will give again. Thinking of fermenting feed, too.

Reviving this thread.
Is Valbazen the wormer of choice for a first time wormer? I have three hens about a year and a half old and six more about six months old. Nobody has ever bern wormed, and I'd prefer not to. However, at least half of them seem a bit messy in the back (not super caked on, but slightly visible dusting on their fluffy butts and a little stuck below the vent), so I think I better do it. Thoughts?
The best thing to do would be to have a vet examin the poop of your hen with the worst discharge. He could check that poop for worms, coccidia, bacteria, and yeast. The discharge could be from any of those.

"Gleet" (discharge from the vent) is not always yeast, and the times I've seen it in mine, it has always been something else, never yeast.

I do wonder if it is feed related. However, it's both batches of chickens. One of my older (still young... just 1 1/2) and half of my 6-month olds. I think maybe they reacted like this last time on this feed. I have given yogurt a couple days and will give again. Thinking of fermenting feed, too.

I've tried fermenting the feed and didn't see an improvement. Worming too, no improvement. I use feed with pro and prebiotics in it. I've tried women's yeast infection cream too. Nothing has worked for my White Leghorns.

Back
Top Bottom