Worming your birds

Thats why i made this post myself. LOL! They have come in clear bags with no markings. I try not to use something I dont know much about. but when it is was used also by the guy that got me into birds I feel pretty safe about it and I did the 5 day mallard test on top of that.I dont live in the country and one of my two best bird buddies that also use the pellets have brought them to me. All I was told is that it is for pigs and cattle . He also told me Ivomec is the best wormer 2 times a year. But he feels the pellets are a good supplement in beween that time is all. If I could keep IB derived peafowl I would have never wormed at all. Just to see. But if any bird is rare I tend to go with overkill on what it takes to make sure they thrive. That isnt to say I dont care about all of them of course.

I have a lot of birds and livestock, so I find myself worming often. I'll look into the dose. I think my feedmill carries 50# bags of Safeguard pellets or crumbles for swine... I also know TSC sells SG pellets for horses and goats etc... I'll do some research. :lol:

Thanks . Im probably using the safe guard swine ones. Ill check on it too. Hope all is well with you and yours.
smile.png
Shawn

Last edited:
Thats it (safe guard swine.).In the 50 lb bag Theone that says use for threedays one I just got off the phone with my friend also! lol!!!!. . I should of ask him who first figured out the doses for birds when its for pigs and or cattle to begin with. You would figure three days worth would be overkill for a bird.
lol.png
and it may very well be. Maybe it would take a bunch to actually hurt or kill the birds.Anyway thanks again for checking. Had to edit to get it right sorry

Last edited:
Got a question or two on the worming....1) The Ivomec injectable...I was told it is oil based so it won't mix in with the water, so it's not a good choice. How do you make it work?
2) How long is the withdrawl period for the eggs with the Ivomec?

I have 7 Peafowl, 1 Pheasant, lots of chickens and 10 ducks....can this be used for all of them or should I just use the goat Safeguard liguid wormer.
Is the Safeguard goat wormer safe for all of them? What is the egg throw away time for it? I am just trying to find a simple way to worm my birds.
Thank you in advance.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom